When we last left our intrepid, intergalactic heroes, they were battered and bruised, but victorious. The Starkiller Base had been destroyed and there was a spark of hope once again in a galaxy far, far away. Finn was recovering from his injuries, Leia was coping with the loss of her husband and Rey had landed on tiny island on a distant planet, face to face with the legendary Jedi Master -- and hero of the Rebel Alliance -- Luke Skywalker.
The Last Jedi picks up shortly after The Force Awakens with the dwindling Resistance, led fearlessly by General Leia Organa (Carrie Fisher), locked in a lopsided struggle with the First Order. This battle serves as one of two threads that director Rian Johnson's film follows for the two and a half hour run time, which flies by in an instant.
BGR Top Deals:
- It’s not too late to get a Super NES Classic in time for Christmas
- Meet the wireless camera that lets your iPhone or Android see where no other phone can
Trending Right Now:
- Samsung’s redesigned Galaxy S9 has reportedly been cancelled in favor of a boring update
- Scientists find incredible shark that may be over 500 years old and still kicking
- An entire family in Italy can’t feel physical pain, and scientists finally have an answer
‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ review: This is not going to go the way you think originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 15 Dec 2017 at 01:18:37 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.