‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ review: This is not going to go the way you think
When we last left our intrepid, intergalactic heroes, they were battered and bruised, but victorious. The Starkiller Base had been destroyed and there was a spark of hope once again in a galaxy far, far away. Finn was recovering from his injuries, Leia was coping with the loss of her husband and Rey had landed on tiny island on a distant planet, face to face with the legendary Jedi Master -- and hero of the Rebel Alliance -- Luke Skywalker.
The Last Jedi picks up shortly after The Force Awakens with the dwindling Resistance, led fearlessly by General Leia Organa (Carrie Fisher), locked in a lopsided struggle with the First Order. This battle serves as one of two threads that director Rian Johnson's film follows for the two and a half hour run time, which flies by in an instant.
BGR Top Deals:
- It’s not too late to get a Super NES Classic in time for Christmas
- Meet the wireless camera that lets your iPhone or Android see where no other phone can
Trending Right Now:
- Samsung’s redesigned Galaxy S9 has reportedly been cancelled in favor of a boring update
- Scientists find incredible shark that may be over 500 years old and still kicking
- An entire family in Italy can’t feel physical pain, and scientists finally have an answer
‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ review: This is not going to go the way you think originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 15 Dec 2017 at 01:18:37 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.