Two years after Star Wars was resurrected with The Force Awakens, we have our first sequel since Revenge of the Sith. Thankfully (at least based on the early reviews), it appears that the franchise has taken a welcome step forward under the direction of Rian Johnson, best known for Brick and Looper previous to this.
After premiering earlier this week, the first reviews have flooded the internet this morning, and though there is some variance and a few naysayers, the overall reaction has been overwhelming positive. In general, reviewers say that The Last Jedi is a fresh start for the franchise that breaks plenty of rules while still respecting the universe.
BGR Top Deals:
- This $19 device gives your Fire TV a huge speed boost
- Every Sonos speaker is back on sale, and the Play:1 just dropped to its lowest price ever
Trending Right Now:
- This might be the creepiest viewership statistic Netflix has ever shared
- 10 paid iPhone apps on sale for free right now
- Google’s new photography apps for iOS and Android use AI to do things other apps can’t
‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ review roundup: Questions are answered, rules are broken originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 12 Dec 2017 at 13:16:24 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.