Apple may be the new kid on the block in the smart speaker market, but one of its competitors might soon attempt to steal its thunder with hardware of its own. This week, MusicAlly spotted several new job listings on Spotify's website which suggest that the streaming service is ramping up efforts to launch its own devices in the near future.
"Spotify is on its way to creating its first physical products," reads the description for an Operations Manager position, "and setting up an operational organisation for manufacturing, supply chain, sales & marketing."
BGR Top Deals:
- This $80 smartwatch lasts for 4 months per charge and works with iPhones or Androids
- Expand your Philips Hue lighting setup for just $12.50 a bulb
Trending Right Now:
- New leak reaffirms the worst news we’ve heard about Samsung’s Galaxy S9
- New website tracks Musk’s Tesla Roadster and Starman as they fly through space
- The best-selling wireless headphones on the entire Amazon site are just $35 right now
Spotify might be next in line to build its own smart speaker originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 20 Feb 2018 at 23:01:35 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.