SpaceX’s Falcon 9 destroyed this photographer’s camera, but not before it captured an awesome shot
Photographing a rocket launch is a tricky thing. Getting a great shot from a distance is easy, but if you want a truly world-class photo you're going to need to be a whole lot closer. During the recent launch of NASA's GRACE satellites, photographer Bill Ingalls managed to capture a couple of seriously stunning images, but unfortunately his camera didn't survive the ordeal unscathed.
The satellites were launched aboard a SpaceX Falcon 9, and Ingalls decided to put his camera in harm's way for the chance to snap a one-of-a-kind photo. He got exactly what he was looking for, and his camera got seriously charred in the process.
BGR Top Deals:
- The Apple Watch Series 1 is so much cheaper on Amazon than it is from Apple
- Amazon has a wireless keyboard that’s better than yours because it never needs to be charged
Trending Right Now:
- Yup, Apple is going to crush every Android phone once again with the iPhone X Plus
- This could be the first major next-gen iPhone X leak
- If Apple made a car, this is how it would have done it
SpaceX’s Falcon 9 destroyed this photographer’s camera, but not before it captured an awesome shot originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 24 May 2018 at 12:18:53 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.