Sorry, Samsung fans: The Galaxy S9 won’t get an under-screen fingerprint sensor
The Galaxy S9 is coming in early January, various recent reports claimed, as Samsung looks to introduce the new smartphone at CES 2018, more than a month earlier than the expected MWC launch. The iPhone X’s popularity is apparently to blame, as Samsung is looking to release a competitor as fast as possible.
The same reports already revealed plenty of details about the phone’s hardware, suggesting that the Galaxy S9+ will be the only device to sport a dual camera on the back. They also claimed that the new phones will have the same general design as their predecessor. A new report now says the Galaxy S9 will indeed get a new fingerprint sensor, but it’s not the kind of fingerprint sensor you might want.
BGR Top Deals:
- Surprise! Nest’s Learning Thermostat just dropped to an all-time low for Cyber Monday
- Amazon’s Instant Pot deal for Cyber Monday is even better than its Black Friday best-seller
Trending Right Now:
- Doctors treating man for stomach ache discover hundreds of coins and nails in his stomach
- 5 best Cyber Week sales happening now: Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, more
- Madman creates thermic lance ‘lightsaber,’ and you wouldn’t want to fight it
Sorry, Samsung fans: The Galaxy S9 won’t get an under-screen fingerprint sensor originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 28 Nov 2017 at 10:36:20 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.