As someone who owns and loves Apple’s AirPods, I can happily admit that there are better options out there for cord-free Bluetooth earbuds. I can also confirm that the Sony WF1000X Premium Noise Cancelling True Wireless Headphones can be counted among them. Sony doesn’t get everything right these days — case in point: smartphones — but when it comes to audio products, Sony typically knocks it out of the park. Such is the case with the WF1000X earbuds, which blow Apple’s AirPods away. The biggest issue with AirPods is maintaining noise isolation, since they’re made of slippery plastic. These Sony buds have silicone tips instead, and the result is a perfect seal that’s quite comfortable even after hours of listening. The WF1000X earbuds are a bit pricier than AirPods, but they’re worth every penny (and they're on sale right now at a discount!).
Here’s what you need to know from the product page:
- True wireless design with uninterrupted Bluetooth streaming.
- Digital Noise Cancelling lets you listen without distractions.
- Sony|Headphones Connect APP for Android /iOS uses Smart Listening technology to control your ambient sound settings .
- Smart Listening by Adaptive Sound Control automatically switches to ambient sound mode based on your activity. Ambient Sound mode to hear essential sound without taking your headphones off.
- A 6mm driver for crisp, clear sound
- Enjoy up to 9 hours of battery life with the chargeable carrying case.
- Conversation flows freely with hands-free calling through the left earpiece. Leave your phone where it is: just speak with a tap.
- In the box: Charging Case, USB Cable (1), Earbuds (Long Hybrid silicone rubber earbuds(SS, S, M, L X2), Fitting Supporters(M, L X2), Triple-Comfort Earbuds(S, M, L X2))
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon’s All-New Fire TV and Fire TV Stick were just discounted for the last time in 2017
- This portable home theater is like nothing you’ve seen before, and it’s never been cheaper
Trending Right Now:
- Verizon hits back at T-Mobile over 5G claims
- Galaxy S9 might not copy the iPhone X’s Face ID, but it’ll have a better iris scanner
- Apple seems ready to catch up with iPhone X demand
Sony’s true wireless earbuds might be pricier than AirPods, but that’s because they’re better originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 11 Dec 2017 at 08:20:50 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.