Sony will finally let you change your PSN name in 2019, and the first time is free
Twelve years after debuting its PlayStation Network online service alongside the PlayStation 3, Sony is finally giving users the ability to change their PSN Online ID. On Wednesday, PlayStation's Sid Shuman announced via a blog post that the PSN Online ID Change feature beta will be coming to the PlayStation Preview Program, and that select users that have registered for PS4 system software betas in the past will be able to test it as well.
If you make it into the preview program, you can change your ID to your heart's content until the beta wraps up at the end of November 2018. Once the feature launches to the public, the first name change will be free, while the second will cost $9.99. PlayStation Plus subscribers will be able to change their name again for $4.99 instead.
BGR Top Deals:
- Our favorite fast wireless charging pad is still on sale at its best price
- Fire TV Stick refurbs are on sale for just $25, today only
Trending Right Now:
- Google didn’t even announce the one Pixel 3 feature that will make everyone want the phone
- Instagram introduces tools to limit online bullying
- The real ‘Avengers 4’ title may have leaked, but we all missed it
Sony will finally let you change your PSN name in 2019, and the first time is free originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 10 Oct 2018 at 11:41:29 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.