Sony is working on a ‘solution’ for PS4 console cross-play controversy
Of all the entertaining story lines coming out of E3 2018, few have persisted quite like the controversy surrounding Sony's decision to lock Epic Games accounts to PS4s for users who have played Fortnite on Sony's console. Both Nintendo and Microsoft decided to play ball with one another, which means that Switch owners can play with their friends who happen to own an Xbox One. But Sony, the current market leader, has refused to budge.
In fact, other than a short, non-committal statement issued shortly after E3, Sony hasn't said much at all, but at the Gamelab conference in Spain on Wednesday, Sony Interactive Entertainment of America CEO Shawn Layden was asked directly about the issue by Eurogamer reporter Robert Purchese.
BGR Top Deals:
- The crazy camera that lets your smartphone see anywhere is back down to its best price ever
- Blink is a $99 home security camera with 2-year battery life and free cloud storage
Trending Right Now:
- We finally know how Disney chose which Avengers to kill in Infinity War
- The biggest reason you should install iOS 12 public beta on your iPhone
- Secret settings hidden in your Android phone will make it feel twice as fast
Sony is working on a ‘solution’ for PS4 console cross-play controversy originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 27 Jun 2018 at 19:18:11 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.