Sony is considering making its own PS1 ‘Classic Edition’ retro console
When Nintendo’s NES Classic Edition started flying off store shelves in 2016, it seemed inevitable that other console makers would follow suit and re-release their own retro consoles. The hardware isn’t especially expensive to produce, the software has already been developed, and there’s never a shortage of nostalgia in the gaming community. And yet, other than the continued production of Sega’s Flashback consoles, we haven’t seen anything.
That might finally change in the coming months, as Sony Interactive Entertainment CEO John Kodera revealed in an interview this week that the company was indeed looking into the possibility of releasing its own retro console.
BGR Top Deals:
- 3rd-gen Nest Thermostat is only $150 on Amazon, but it’s almost sold out
- Dyson’s $400 Air Multiplier fan is on sale for $150 today on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- Amazon might have a serious Alexa problem on its hands
- These were the only birds that survived the dinosaur-killing asteroid
- Yup, Apple is going to crush every Android phone once again with the iPhone X Plus
Sony is considering making its own PS1 ‘Classic Edition’ retro console originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 25 May 2018 at 18:14:54 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.