Sony is blocking ‘Fortnite’ cross-play because of money, says former Sony boss
Despite an impressive showing at E3 and continued success with the PS4, Sony has been in the doghouse this week after Nintendo Switch owners discovered that the Epic Games accounts connected to their PSN accounts couldn't be used on the Switch. Fortnite, which just arrived on Switch last week, supports cross-play between consoles, including Xbox One and Switch. But Sony has refused to participate, locking Fortnite accounts to PS4 consoles.
This hasn't gone over well with anyone, and Sony's response might have made things worse. Rather than committing to finding a way to reach an agreement with Microsoft and Nintendo, Sony bragged about how many PS4s it has sold and reminded everyone that they could still cross-play with Fortnite players on mobile and PC.
BGR Top Deals:
- This $37 accessory is the best thing that ever happened to my Apple Watch
- If you’re going to spend $159 on AirPods, please spend an extra $9 to make them sound great
Trending Right Now:
- New Galaxy Note 9 leak shows the phone’s refreshed design
- iOS 12 developer beta 2 is available for download right now
- An Android vendor you hardly know just launched an all-screen, no-notch iPhone X rival
Sony is blocking ‘Fortnite’ cross-play because of money, says former Sony boss originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 19 Jun 2018 at 14:23:25 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.