Something strange happened to me when I picked up a Tesla Model X
Tesla is the most talked-about car company for so many reasons. What began as a small startup has grown into a massive company with a larger market cap than BMW. Tesla has completely reshaped the global automotive landscape, forcing every major car company to accelerate its plans for electric vehicles.
I'm a big fan of Tesla as a company and I love what it's doing to the auto industry right now. Tesla is changing the world. Full stop. But to be honest, I've never personally been a big fan of Tesla's vehicles. As someone who has always had an affinity for German cars, Tesla's styling was never to my taste. And the interiors... eesh. Modern Teslas are marvels when it comes to technology and performance, however, and I decided it was high time for me to see how far Tesla has come in the four years since I last drove one of its cars.
So, I headed down to Tesla's Chelsea showroom in lower Manhattan late last month and drove away with a Model X P100DL.
BGR Top Deals:
- This crazy new system can detect motion anywhere in your home using nothing but Wi-Fi
- Today’s best deals: Philips Hue bundles, Oculus Rift, PS4 Slim bundle, Fitbit Ionic, Fire TV, more
Trending Right Now:
- You can finally change the Google Assistant hotword on your Android phone
- New rumor offers some exciting news about Samsung’s boring Galaxy S9 upgrade
- Best Buy’s 20-day doorbuster sale is almost over, but today’s deals are the best yet
Something strange happened to me when I picked up a Tesla Model X originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 18 Dec 2017 at 12:01:48 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.