Something caused an Earth-shaking boom near Denver and nobody can figure out what it was
Thanksgiving week is supposed to be a pretty laid-back affair — unless you're preparing to fight the mobs during Black Friday, of course — but things got off to a rough start for citizens of Lochbuie, Colorado, on Monday, when an incredibly loud boom shook the town. Now, authorities and curious residents are trying to figure out exactly what caused it.
The strange happening occurred at around 9 pm local time, with countless residents of the small town not only hearing the incredibly loud bang, but feeling it. Those in the vicinity reported that their houses physically shook, rattling windows and giving just about everyone a scare. At the moment, there's been no explanation for the boom, and the closest military base has said that there were no operations happening in the area at the time of the curious noise. However, some Lochbuie locals have their own theories.
BGR Top Deals:
- Rare discounts on Sonos and Bose are the best way to start Black Friday
- Amazon’s Black Friday prices on Philips Hue’s LightStrip and bulbs are almost too good to believe
Trending Right Now:
- Black Friday 2017: All the best deals from Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy and more
- There’s one iPhone X feature the Galaxy S9 will reportedly steal, and you’re going to love it
- Russian billionaire wants to beat NASA in the search for alien life, and he’s moving forward with his plan
Something caused an Earth-shaking boom near Denver and nobody can figure out what it was originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 24 Nov 2017 at 13:11:04 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.