Snapchat’s new feature focuses on privacy, so Facebook probably won’t steal this
It was just a few weeks ago, during an onstage interview at the Code Conference, when Snap CEO Evan Spiegel zinged the blue juggernaut that’s haunted his company with this line: “We would really appreciate it if they copied our data protection practices also.”
Ouch. The dynamic between the two companies, of course, has seen Facebook — after unsuccessfully trying to buy Snap — copy and repurpose everything of its smaller rival that it possibly can, like Stories and ridiculous camera lenses. Snap, for its part, has successfully peeled off a younger demographic from Facebook by being everything Facebook is not — like fun and, with Snap’s announcement today of its developer platform, ostensibly more focused on privacy.
BGR Top Deals:
- Your cable company will hate you so much when you get this $40 box
- One of the most comfortable bed pillows on Amazon is on sale at an all-time low
Trending Right Now:
- New Galaxy S10 leak sheds more light on Samsung’s most exciting phone in years
- New report brings awful news about Samsung’s mysterious Galaxy X smartphone
- A bug’s life was cut short when it met its doom, twice, 100 million years ago
Snapchat’s new feature focuses on privacy, so Facebook probably won’t steal this originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 14 Jun 2018 at 16:22:29 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.