‘Skyrim VR’ makes the 6-year-old game feel fresh again
Skyrim has become something of a meme in recent years. Since being heralded as one of the best action RPGs of all time when it launched, it has been remastered and re-released repeatedly on the Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4, PC and even on the Switch. And now, in what might be its final restoration (until Bethesda finds a way to cram the game on to mobile devices), Skyrim has been adapted for virtual reality in the appropriately named Skyrim VR.
Having played through Skyrim from start to finish more than once, and having drudged through the opening act more times than I care to remember, I was skeptical that what amounted to a gimmick would be enough to draw me back into the snow-capped region that I'd already seen every inch of. But within moments, I was captivated.
BGR Top Deals:
- Bose just launched a huge Black Friday sale on Amazon
- Amazon has Black Friday prices on so many sound bars right now
Trending Right Now:
- Italian surgeon who is definitely not a supervillain says he just completed the first human head transplant
- Black Friday 2017: Amazon, Walmart and Best Buy are the 3 best online sales to shop this weekend
- 8 paid iPhone apps on sale for free today
‘Skyrim VR’ makes the 6-year-old game feel fresh again originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 17 Nov 2017 at 21:01:03 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.