Skype is adding built-in call recording at long last
Ever since Skype first launched fifteen years ago, people have been using hacky work-arounds to record calls for later examination. There's a dozen different programs written for Mac, Windows, and Linux (which even get their own Skype support page!), but it's still inaccessible to people that don't have the time or inclination to fiddle with system sound settings.
Thanks to a report from The Verge, we now know that's all about to change. Microsoft is rolling out a cross-platform Skype recording feature by the end of the month, according to the report, with a cloud-based system that will record everyone's video and screen sharing during the call.
TOP AMAZON PRIME DAY DEALS:
- This is the best microSD card deal of Prime Day 2018
- The wireless charger that should’ve come with your phone is only $9 for Prime Day
- The $200 sous vide cooker everyone loves is somehow on sale for $70 right now
Trending Right Now:
- All 2018 iPhones and two new iPads will get the iPhone X’s most controversial feature
- You probably shouldn’t eat crab meat for a little while
- Record-breaking fine expected this week could put Google’s business model at stake
Skype is adding built-in call recording at long last originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 16 Jul 2018 at 23:34:18 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.