Purchased a Mac or Windows computer recently that’s faster than any PC you’ve ever owned? Well, we need to talk. All computers packing Intel chips that were made in the last decade suffer from a serious security issue that should be patched shortly. That’s the good news.
The bad news is that the patch involves slowing down all these computers by up to 30%. Some users may feel the change in performance, others won’t. But the updates are rolling out because this security flaw appears to be very dangerous. Don’t even think about not installing them when they arrive.
BGR Top Deals:
- These $24 wireless earbuds sound better than $159 AirPods
- Today’s top deals: $139 Sonos Play:1, Bose sound bar, Fire TV QWERTY keyboard, Soylent sale, more
Trending Right Now:
- 7 paid iPhone apps that are free downloads right now
- Niagara Falls is coated in ice and looks absolutely insane right now
- Forget the ‘boring’ Galaxy S9, there’s a cheaper alternative available right now
Severe Intel security issue may impact all Macs and Windows PCs originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 3 Jan 2018 at 06:50:13 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.