Back in 2009, Scribblenauts arrived on the Nintendo DS. It was unlike anything we'd ever seen. Players had to solve puzzles by typing the name of an object on the DS touchscreen and summoning it into the world. There were literally thousands of objects in the game's database, from animals to weapons to vehicles to famous people.
Unfortunately, the concept of the game was more impressive than the execution. Scribblenauts received five sequels, but developer 5th Cell was eventually hit with layoffs in 2016 and the series was suspended. But on Tuesday morning, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment announced a brand new entry called Scribblenauts Showdown, set to bring the franchise back to life for Switch, PS4 and Xbox One on March 6th.
BGR Top Deals:
- The ‘Amazon’s Choice’ Crock-Pot slow cooker everyone loves is only $30 right now
- Today’s top deals: $30 Crock-Pot, $15 Bluetooth headphones, Dyson vacuum, Nest Thermostat, more
Trending Right Now:
- Insider reveals Samsung’s exact Galaxy S9 release date
- It’s so cold in Russia that thermometers are breaking
- Everyone is obsessed with a new Google app that uses selfies to find your fine art look-alike
‘Scribblenauts Showdown’ revives the series on Switch, PS4 and Xbox One in March originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 16 Jan 2018 at 17:48:11 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.