Farts are a natural, healthy byproduct of your digestive system, and everyone has them from time to time, but as funny as flatulence is, how, when and why gas forms in you can reveal a lot about your body's inner workings. Now, researchers from RMIT University and Monash University have published a new paper revealing the invention of an electronic fart tracker that you can swallow like a pill. Isn't the future great?
The scientists developed the pill — which was created as a more versatile and comfortable alternative to sticking a tube where the sun don't shine — to be able to detect and track the production of gasses in a human digestive tract. The idea being that if science can pinpoint where and why gas is forming it could paint a more detailed picture of how our organs process foods, and even detect issues with certain diets. The research was published in Nature Electronics.
BGR Top Deals:
- These 25 delicious slow cooker recipes taste even better in this discounted Crock-Pot
- This $27 box is all cord cutters need to record live TV without a cable company’s DVR
Trending Right Now:
- The 10 biggest announcements from the 3 biggest brands at CES 2018
- Groundbreaking new studies suggest the presence of a fourth dimension
- Don’t even think about abusing Apple’s $29 iPhone battery replacement program
Scientists just invented an edible pill that can tell you when you’re about to fart originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 9 Jan 2018 at 18:08:13 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.