For people who have chosen not to eat meat or animal products for ethical reasons, one of the biggest arguments against the practice is that the animals that are harvested for their bodies are often treated incredibly poorly by their owners. We've all seen the horrific images taken (often secretly) from within mega-farms where an animal's quality of life is secondary to the efficiency with which they can be turned into profit. But what if we could have meat without animal casualties?
A pretty incredible new movement is underway to develop lab-grown meat products that are produced without the need for animals to be slaughtered. It's called cellular agriculture, and a new report from NPR discusses the fact that not only is the technology advancing at a breakneck pace, but that lab-grown meats are already being consumed by humans.
BGR Top Deals:
- These $24 wireless earbuds sound better than $159 AirPods
- Today’s top deals: $139 Sonos Play:1, Bose sound bar, Fire TV QWERTY keyboard, Soylent sale, more
Trending Right Now:
- Severe Intel security issue may impact all Macs and Windows PCs
- Niagara Falls is coated in ice and looks absolutely insane right now
- Researchers just accidentally found an effective Alzheimer’s treatment while trying to cure diabetes
Scientists have figured out how to grow real meat in a lab, no animal required originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 3 Jan 2018 at 08:51:54 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.