Scientists discover massive volcano graveyard hidden off the coast of Australia
It's often said that we know less about what is hiding in Earth's oceans than we do about what lurks in the depths of space. While that might be hyperbole, a new discovery off the coast of Australia certainly lends weight to the argument.
Hidden some 2,000 meters beneath the waves off the east coast of Australia, researchers stumbled upon something they didn't even know was there: a massive volcano graveyard that they are calling the "Lost World" of extinct underwater volcanos.
BGR Top Deals:
- Our favorite fast wireless charging pad is still on sale at its best price
- Fire TV Stick refurbs are on sale for just $25, today only
Trending Right Now:
- Instagram introduces tools to limit online bullying
- The real ‘Avengers 4’ title may have leaked, but we all missed it
- This bizarre electric bike can reach 50 miles per hour, and yes, you’re going to be able to buy it
Scientists discover massive volcano graveyard hidden off the coast of Australia originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 10 Oct 2018 at 10:55:03 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.