Science just proved that owning a dog makes you live longer
Dogs are great, and caring for a canine often comes with plenty of benefits. They make us laugh, keep us from being bored, and are often quite skilled at the art of snuggling, but new research just proved that owning a dog actually reduces your chances of dying by a significant margin.
Past studies have suggested that dog (and cat) owners are happier overall, and some of the data has pointed to longer life, but none of the research was even close to definitive. This new project is absolutely massive in scale, and the team of scientists conducting it have drawn their conclusions from a whopping 3.4 million individual data points, giving its outcome some serious weight.
BGR Top Deals:
- Bose just launched a huge Black Friday sale on Amazon
- Amazon has Black Friday prices on so many sound bars right now
Trending Right Now:
- Italian surgeon who is definitely not a supervillain says he just completed the first human head transplant
- ‘Skyrim VR’ makes the 6-year-old game feel fresh again
- Black Friday 2017: Amazon, Walmart and Best Buy are the 3 best online sales to shop this weekend
Science just proved that owning a dog makes you live longer originally appeared on BGR.com on Sat, 18 Nov 2017 at 00:45:08 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.