Scary Wi-Fi attack can hack your password no matter how strong it is
If you think securing your Wi-Fi network with a strong password is enough to keep hackers away, well, think again. A researcher has detailed a new kind of attack, discovered by accident, which would allow hackers to crack your password with ease, no matter how strong the password.
The security researcher was actually looking at a way to compromise the security of the new WPA3 security standard for Wi-Fi networks, when he discovered means to bypass passwords on WPA and WPA routers.
BGR Top Deals:
- Fix the Nintendo Switch’s biggest problem with this simple $16 accessory
- Today’s best deals: Top-selling headphones and Bluetooth speaker, 128GB SanDisk microSD for $31, more
Trending Right Now:
- Why you should be excited about the Galaxy Note 9 even if you don’t plan to buy it
- Previously unseen ‘Captain Marvel’ Easter egg found in ‘Avengers: Infinity War’
- ‘Ant-Man and the Wasp’ Easter egg could be a huge spoiler for ‘Avengers 4’
Scary Wi-Fi attack can hack your password no matter how strong it is originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 8 Aug 2018 at 16:04:23 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.