Say hello to Google Discover, yet another news feed that tries to guess what you want
Google's big update to its search product that the company announced a month ago now is at last starting to arrive on the search giant's mobile homepage in the US. That update is Google Discover, which essentially brings a card-based news feed onto the search page -- a major addition to what is the most trafficked page in the world.
The cards show everything from sports scores to the weather forecast in your area to relevant trending news stories, and it's part of Google's push to get better at not just delivering the best results for whatever you're searching for, but also surfacing things you want to see before you even ask.
BGR Top Deals:
- Nothing will make your cable company angrier than this $44 box
- Exclusive deal: Smart LEDs as good as $50 Philips Hue bulbs are only $15 today
Trending Right Now:
- This is by far the best and most heartbreaking ‘Avengers 4’ theory so far
- Forget Black Friday, Sam’s Club’s killer iPhone XS and iPhone XR deal is coming soon
- 2018 iPad Pro with USB-C port, no home button appears in new renders
Say hello to Google Discover, yet another news feed that tries to guess what you want originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 29 Oct 2018 at 18:35:27 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.