Samsung a few years ago introduced the first smartphone with a curved “edge” display, without really making a strong case for what such a feature is needed. Edge screens then became the norm across Galaxy S and Note phone series, and Samsung quickly dropped the moniker once it was clear to buyers that all Galaxy S and Note models would have displays with curved edges.
A new discovery shows that Samsung may reinvent the “edge” display to suit its foldable smartphone needs.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s top deals: DNA test, $15 Crock-Pot, $10 electric griddle, $23 Bluetooth earbuds, Nest, more
- The ultra-slim iPhone X case made of real body armor is finally back in stock on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- Galaxy S9’s biggest hardware change shown in new leaked photos
- Apple reportedly plans to discontinue the first-gen iPhone X later this year
- iPhone 8 sold better than the iPhone X in 2017, new data reveals
Samsung’s most innovative phone in years might reinvent the edge display originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 22 Jan 2018 at 19:29:31 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.