Just like every year, you can expect new Samsung flagship phones from the Galaxy S and Galaxy Note lines to drop in 2018. The Galaxy S9 and S9+ should launch at some point in March followed by the Galaxy Note 9 six months later. But unlike other years, 2018 may bring us a third new Samsung flagship, a device like nothing else the company is selling: The Galaxy X foldable phone.
Reports earlier this week said the phone might launch in December in a best-case scenario, with Samsung going on record saying that it’s too early to talk about a release date. Apparently, various issues need to be ironed out, including some problems related to software. But according to one report, that didn’t stop Samsung from demoing an “almost finished” Galaxy X behind closed doors at CES 2018.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s top deals: $12 Alexa smart bulb, Nest Thermostat, Sony soundbar, perfect egg cooker, more
- This $48 sound bar has a 5-star rating on Amazon, and it’s time to see what all the fuss is about
Trending Right Now:
- New leak lists the Galaxy S9’s key specs
- Another new feature was just confirmed for the Galaxy S9
- LG G7 leak shows a phone that could have the best screen-to-body ratio of 2018
Samsung’s most exciting phone in years is ‘almost finished’ but nowhere near ready to launch originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 12 Jan 2018 at 09:41:08 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.