Samsung’s lead in the high-end TV market in the U.S. keeps getting bigger
A new report is out that shows Samsung is not only continuing to boast the biggest share of the high-end TV market here in the U.S., but that the tech giant's lead is only continuing to grow -- thanks in part to "aggressive marketing and the company's extensive distribution network."
That's according to SamMobile, which reports that Samsung's share of the premium TV market in the U.S. stood at 34 percent in August. That's per the latest data from NPD which also shows that LG, even after launching a slew of OLED TVs, is Samsung's next closest competitor, with a 15 percent market share. Vizio and Sony come in after that, both of which have an 11 percent share.
BGR Top Deals:
- This $18 color smart LED bulb works with Alexa and Google, just like Philips Hue’s $50 bulb
- Amazon’s best-selling home security camera is only $26, and it’s better than a $199 Nest Cam
Trending Right Now:
- See the OnePlus 6T in-display fingerprint sensor in action in new teaser video
- An ‘Avengers 4’ poster may be hiding in plain sight, but we still can’t see it
- Why Wi-Fi 6 is going to make people care about good Wi-Fi
Samsung’s lead in the high-end TV market in the U.S. keeps getting bigger originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 4 Oct 2018 at 22:02:28 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.