One way to increase the screen size on future flagship phones may be to place a display on the rear panel. The secondary screen would offer users access to notifications no matter how the device is positioned on a flat surface, as well as a touchpad-like area that may be used to control the action on the main screen.
Samsung is considering such smartphone designs, according to a newly discovered patent that offers such smartphone design suggestions.
BGR Top Deals:
- This $27 box is all cord cutters need to record live TV without a cable company’s DVR
- These 25 delicious slow cooker recipes taste even better in this discounted Crock-Pot
Trending Right Now:
- NASA’s Juno just sent back a photo of Jupiter that looks too insane to be real
- Melting glaciers aren’t just causing sea levels to rise – they’re causing the ocean floor to sink
- The 10 most exciting announcements so far from CES 2018
Samsung’s future smartphones may have displays on the back originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 8 Jan 2018 at 20:57:04 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.