Samsung wants you to know it doesn’t throttle old phones like Apple
A report last week said that an Italian antitrust body is investigating both Apple and Samsung for planned obsolescence. That’s the type of investigation Apple will have to face in various other countries thanks to its policy of slowing down older iPhone models without telling users.
While Apple was caught red handed and had no choice but to admit what it was doing, Samsung has denied the planned obsolescence allegations. The South Korean company has gone on record once again in stating that it doesn’t slow down its old smartphones.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s top deals: DNA test, $15 Crock-Pot, $10 electric griddle, $23 Bluetooth earbuds, Nest, more
- The ultra-slim iPhone X case made of real body armor is finally back in stock on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- Apple reportedly plans to discontinue the first-gen iPhone X later this year
- Galaxy S9’s biggest hardware change shown in new leaked photos
- Stanford scientists invent AI that can predict death with up to 90% accuracy
Samsung wants you to know it doesn’t throttle old phones like Apple originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 22 Jan 2018 at 14:19:04 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.