Samsung slapped with monster $2.8 billion lawsuit for allegedly stealing biometric tech
The big names in any industry always have bullseyes on their backs, and the consumers electronics industry is obviously no different. Companies are constantly slapping each other with lawsuits, and the epic Apple vs. Samsung battle that dragged out over several years managed to make us all numb for a while. Lately, however, it seems like huge lawsuits are becoming more and more common again. Just yesterday we shared news of a whopping half-billion dollar judgement against Apple, which was found guilty of infringing multiple patents owned by a notorious patent troll. Those patents had previously been deemed invalid by the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (USPTO), however, so it remains to be seen whether Apple will actually have to pay out any penalty.
If you thought half a billion dollars was a big sum, just wait until you see what Samsung is facing as the result of a recently filed lawsuit. According PACid Technologies, Samsung owes the company $2.8 billion.
BGR Top Deals:
- Yes, you can get free network TV without sticking an ugly antenna on your window
- This little $35 box will always be your cable company’s worst nightmare
Trending Right Now:
- Google either just revealed the name of Android P, or trolled everyone
- Galaxy S9 owners are complaining about a big problem with the phone’s best feature
- NASA’s 3D flyover of Jupiter’s North Pole is absolutely terrifying
Samsung slapped with monster $2.8 billion lawsuit for allegedly stealing biometric tech originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 13 Apr 2018 at 10:12:01 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.