Samsung says its new AI-based Wi-Fi system is smarter and promises better connectivity
Samsung has a big update to its Wi-Fi product line that the company announced today, for which it's using AI-based mesh wifi tech from Palo Alto-based Plume Design to provide better connectivity to an entire home or office -- not just the spot where the router is based.
The solution is the company's new SmartThings Wi-Fi mesh network system, which comes with a built-in SmartThings Hub. Samsung says that integrating Plume's technology means the company can now better adapt to internet usage among consumers and use AI to allocate bandwidth across connected devices, also choosing the optimal band and frequency channel so users get the fastest speeds.
BGR Top Deals:
- The best wireless noise cancelling headphones Bose has ever made just got a rare discount
- You’re gross and your smartphone is filthy. Please get this accessory.
Trending Right Now:
- All three leaked 2018 iPhones designs shown in side-by-side in new 4K video
- New Galaxy S10 leak details one of Samsung’s best new features
- Chris Hemsworth trolls fans over ‘Avengers 4’ title and Thor’s new weapon
Samsung says its new AI-based Wi-Fi system is smarter and promises better connectivity originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 13 Aug 2018 at 22:02:55 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.