Samsung just teased what could be its first truly all-screen, notch-free phone
Samsung held a launch event in China today focused on its Galaxy A9s and A6s, during which the company teased an entirely new handset model with a design that forgoes a notch and will apparently join the Galaxy S10 next year in sporting an all-screen display.
That phone is the A8s, part of Samsung's midrange A series which will reportedly be the handset maker's first notch-free phone that sports an edge-to-edge display. Sort of. We add that as a kind of caveat, because according to Samsung leaker extraordinaire Ice Universe, there will still be a hole drilled into the display to allow for a front-facing camera.
BGR Top Deals:
- You shouldn’t steal $1 million of cable service like this guy, but here’s how to save $120 a year on your bill
- Check out this $17 multicolor smart LED bulb before you buy Philips Hue’s $50 bulb
Trending Right Now:
- Marvel star comes to the rescue with a huge ‘Avengers 4’ spoiler
- ‘Magic UX’ is the most impressive thing we’ve seen on a smartphone in years
- Samsung sues brand ambassador for $1.6 million after she was caught using an iPhone in public
Samsung just teased what could be its first truly all-screen, notch-free phone originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 24 Oct 2018 at 19:37:30 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.