Samsung just confirmed what we’ve been suspecting for a few weeks, that its next flagship smartphone will be unveiled in Barcelona, Spain, rather than Las Vegas.
Early Galaxy S9 rumors said that Samsung planned to unveil the phone at CES 2018, but as we got closer to the trade show, other reports said that Samsung changed its mind. Apparently, the iPhone X isn’t as scary as Samsung first thought, so the company supposedly fell back to the original launch schedule for the handset. That meant the Galaxy S9 would be unveiled at MWC in late February, nearly two months later than initially believed.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s top deals: Ring Video Doorbell, Crock-Pot, $19 earbuds, $70 robot vacuum, $13 Alexa bulb, more
- Add a head-up display to any car with this $48 device
Trending Right Now:
- Sprint customers are about to get a very unpleasant bill hike
- This is how the first smartphone with a fingerprint sensor under the display works
- The 10 biggest announcements from the 3 biggest brands at CES 2018
Samsung just confirmed exactly when the Galaxy S9 will launch originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 10 Jan 2018 at 08:51:54 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.