Samsung compares its newest flagship to a 4-year-old iPhone and finally wins
With Apple and Samsung currently duking it out in court -- yet again -- over damages stemming from their 2012 lawsuit, Samsung today rolled out a new ad which pokes fun at the iPhone X notch and the "Batterygate" saga that embroiled the company late last year. The commercial is incredibly well done and even ardent iPhone supporters have to concede that Samsung's advertising efforts are some of the best in the business.
As to the "Batterygate" saga, you might recall that Apple late last year admitted to throttling performance on older iPhone models in an effort to prevent unexpected shutdowns. Apple's admission predictably generated an avalanche of criticism and ultimately forced Apple to provide battery replacements to iPhone owners at a steep discount. With that in mind, the slow-down in performance caused by Apple's iOS updates is at the forefront of Samsung's latest ad.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s best deals: $20 cord-free earbuds, best Fire TV accessory, waterproof speaker, Crock-Pots, more
- The gadget that replaces 56 different tools can be yours today for under $14 on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- The most mysterious Android phone of the year is coming to Verizon and AT&T
- Google might’ve just accidentally confirmed the Pixel 3’s design
- Wow, I wonder why AT&T and Verizon aren’t worried about that mammoth Sprint-T-Mobile merger
Samsung compares its newest flagship to a 4-year-old iPhone and finally wins originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 17 May 2018 at 13:44:46 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.