Samsung and AT&T have teamed up to launch a 5G testbed in Austin
The next generation of mobile communications technology, encompassing everything from chipsets to devices themselves, data rates and higher system capacity, will certainly be reshaped by the potential of 5G connectivity. Which is why mobile technology giants Samsung and AT&T have teamed up to launch a project built around a deep dive into all things 5G.
AT&T, plus Samsung Electronics America and Samsung Austin Semiconductor, announced today they're launching the first manufacturing-focused 5G testbed in Austin, Texas, which the companies are describing as an "Innovation Zone." It's meant, among other things, to "help provide crucial insight into how smart manufacturing can evolve and strengthen the industry at large," the companies explained.
BGR Top Deals:
- Cable companies are furious that we’re telling everyone about this $50 box
- Add a gigabit Ethernet port to any room in 5 seconds with this $50 device
Trending Right Now:
- HP just launched a laptop that’s made of leather
- The Solo 5 is a Bose sound bar you can actually afford
- Today’s best deals: World’s strongest coffee, Harmony Hub bundle, Instant Pot, $21 Wi-Fi extender, more
Samsung and AT&T have teamed up to launch a 5G testbed in Austin originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 1 Oct 2018 at 19:41:17 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.