Russians claim they’ve found the first extraterrestrial life, and it was right under our noses
Science fiction has taught us to expect our first contact with alien life to be a momentous event, with radio signals from another civilization filling our airwaves and perhaps even the arrival of an alien spaceship or two. Reality is somewhat less exciting, and scientists have long expected our first discovery of extraterrestrial life to be on the microscopic scale. Now, the Russian space agency claims they may have stumbled upon just that, and it may have been hiding under our noses the entire time.
Russian cosmonauts have reportedly discovered tiny bacteria on a swab collected from outside the International Space Station, and they're confident that the organisms didn't originate on our planet. If the discovery can be confirmed, it would be the very first concrete evidence of extraterrestrial life. That's a pretty big deal.
BGR Top Deals:
- Surprise! Nest’s Learning Thermostat just dropped to an all-time low for Cyber Monday
- Amazon’s Instant Pot deal for Cyber Monday is even better than its Black Friday best-seller
Trending Right Now:
- 5 best Cyber Week sales happening now: Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, more
- Doctors treating man for stomach ache discover hundreds of coins and nails in his stomach
- How Samsung will beat the iPhone X: All-screen displays, flexible bodies, and graphene batteries
Russians claim they’ve found the first extraterrestrial life, and it was right under our noses originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 28 Nov 2017 at 11:45:08 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.