Rumor claims Apple to release a $200 HomePod under the Beats umbrella
It's no secret that Apple's HomePod isn't exactly a runaway hit. Despite strong reviews praising the device's incredible sound quality, consumers in recent months have gravitated more towards rival offerings from the likes of Amazon and Google. In fact, a recent report from Strategy Analytics reveals that Apple's smart speaker during the recent March quarter only accounted for a paltry 6% of the global smart speaker market. In stark contrast, Amazon's Echo devices garnered an impressive 81.8% share.
The lack of HomePod sales momentum can likely be attributed to two factors. One, Siri on the HomePod is laughably deficient compared to intelligent assistants from Amazon and Google. Moreover, Siri functionality on the HomePod is limited even compared to Siri on the iPhone. Siri squabbles aside, there's no getting around the fact that the HomePod is simply far more expensive than rival devices. As a prime example, Apple's HomePod retails for $349 while Google Home can be purchased for as little as $130.
BGR Top Deals:
- This portable iPhone charger can also wirelessly charge your Apple Watch
- Set the mood with these LED light bulbs that look like real flickering flames
Trending Right Now:
- 12K video footage taken over New York City is absolutely breathtaking
- Galaxy Note 9 won’t have the feature everyone wants, so Samsung confirmed something no one wants
- All the best deals from GameStop’s Pro Day sale going on today
Rumor claims Apple to release a $200 HomePod under the Beats umbrella originally appeared on BGR.com on Sun, 20 May 2018 at 15:30:44 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.