Report: Tesla’s ambitious target is to start Model Y production by November 2019
With Tesla still struggling to ramp up Model 3 production, the company is still planning go full steam ahead with its Model Y production plans. The Model Y, as a quick refresher, will be a crossover version of the Model 3 and has been in the pipeline at Tesla going all the way back to 2015. And now comes word via Reuters that Model Y production will begin in November 2019 with subsequent production efforts in China targeted to begin in 2021.
Tesla's plan with the Model Y comes at an interesting time given that Model 3 production is way behind schedule at this point. Indeed, Tesla's plan to manufacture 20,000 Model 3 units per week, at this current time, is already four months behind schedule. Still, Model 3 production has improved considerably over the past few weeks, with Tesla having reached the 2,020 units/week threshold during the last week of March.
BGR Top Deals:
- New smartwatch has 45-day battery life and costs less than $100 vs. the $330+ Apple Watch
- 9 paid iPhone apps that are free downloads right now
Trending Right Now:
- Apple ordered to pay half a billion dollars in damages to a patent troll
- New study has a theory for why we haven’t found aliens yet, and it makes a whole lot of sense
- Ever wonder why you have eyebrows? Scientists think they now have the answer
Report: Tesla’s ambitious target is to start Model Y production by November 2019 originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 11 Apr 2018 at 16:08:06 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.