Report: Samsung will unveil the Galaxy S9, S9+ at CES in January
Following up on a tweet from last night in which he revealed that the Galaxy S9 and S9+ were codenamed Star 1 and Star 2, VentureBeat's Evan Blass reported on Wednesday that Samsung is planning to show the two phones off to the public at CES 2018 in Las Vegas this coming January. This is earlier than Samsung typically pulls the curtain back for new phones, but it's unclear exactly how much Samsung will be revealing at the trade show.
As Blass said in his tweet yesterday, 2018 will be a "tock" year for the Galaxy brand, implying that there won't be any major changes or additions to the line next year. The report claims that the Galaxy S9 and S9+ will feature the same 5.8-inch and 6.2-inch Super AMOLED Infinity displays as the S8 and S8+.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon’s huge Black Friday Bose sale is already going strong
- Nest’s big Black Friday sale just kicked off on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- Best Black Friday 2017 sales you can shop right now: Walmart, Best Buy, Amazon, more
- 34 new Netflix original shows and movies will debut in December – here’s the full list
- The best Black Friday smartphone deals from Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, and Sprint
Report: Samsung will unveil the Galaxy S9, S9+ at CES in January originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 22 Nov 2017 at 15:43:56 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.