Report: Rupert Murdoch’s son James in line to succeed Elon Musk as Tesla chairman
It looks like James Murdoch, the chief executive of 21st Century Fox and the son of media tycoon Rupert Murdoch, is the favored candidate to replace Elon Musk as chairman of Tesla.
That's according to a report today in the Financial Times, which also includes remarks Murdoch gave recently about Elon at a Goldman Sachs conference. Speaking during the event about his time as a member of Tesla's board, Murdoch said: “It’s been a really fascinating experience. What’s exciting about the company and about Elon is the goals are so audacious. He’s an entrepreneur who has some really audacious goals about what can be created and what can be settled for.”
BGR Top Deals:
- Fire TV Stick refurbs are on sale for just $25, today only
- Charge your new Apple Watch Series 4 (or any other model) on the go for $40
Trending Right Now:
- Marvel star teases return to ‘Avengers 4’ despite her heartbreaking ‘Infinity War’ death
- It looks like Samsung is finally ready to copy the Apple move we all knew it would eventually copy
- The real ‘Avengers 4’ title may have leaked, but we all missed it
Report: Rupert Murdoch’s son James in line to succeed Elon Musk as Tesla chairman originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 10 Oct 2018 at 19:03:35 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.