Report: Netflix is planning to add games to its streaming service
Just in time for E3, TechRadar reports that Netflix and Telltale Games have struck a deal to bring games to the movie and TV show streaming service. According to the report, Netflix will kick off its video game pilot program with Telltale’s popular game series Minecraft: Story Mode, as well as a project based on Stranger Things.
Sources tell TechRadar that the games will be delivered to Netflix subscribers as video files which will be capable of accepting commands from any remote with directional and select buttons. Considering that many of Telltale’s games revolve around choosing between dialogue options or pointing the cursor somewhere to tell your character where to go. No running, jumping, shooting, or climbing that would necessitate an actual video game controller.
BGR Top Deals:
- This wire-free home security camera is almost as good as Arlo Pro 2 for half the price
- This $100 smartwatch lasts over a month on a charge, and it’s back down to $65 on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- Here’s what NASA’s Opportunity rover saw as it was swallowed up by the Martian dust storm
- Woman with vial of Moon dust is proactively suing NASA to prevent its seizure
- New report brings awful news about Samsung’s mysterious Galaxy X smartphone
Report: Netflix is planning to add games to its streaming service originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 13 Jun 2018 at 12:28:50 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.