Report: Latest iOS 11 update is bricking iPhone 8s with third-party displays
If your iPhone is acting up, or if you happen to have a cracked screen, you can never go wrong taking the device into a nearby Apple retail store. The only downside, though, is that having Apple repair a device can sometimes be significantly more expensive than going through a third-party. As a result, and in light of the fact that iPhone displays are far from bulletproof, there are any number of third-party outlets who can replace a cracked or wonky iPhone display at a reasonable rate.
More often that not, you won't be able to find much of a difference between the work Apple does and the work you'll receive from a reputable repair shop. That said, a new report from Vice relays that the recent iOS 11.3 update Apple rolled out late last month appears to be bricking iPhone 8 units with screens provided by third-party repair shops.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon has a $40 Apple Watch accessory you’ll wonder how you ever lived without
- Oops! Amazon mistake gets you a Kindle Paperwhite for $40 if you hurry
Trending Right Now:
- This upcoming Android phone didn’t just beat the iPhone X’s benchmark scores, it crushed them
- It sure looks like we’re getting three new iPhones this year
- Loss of government spy satellite wasn’t SpaceX’s fault, according to new probe
Report: Latest iOS 11 update is bricking iPhone 8s with third-party displays originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 10 Apr 2018 at 19:42:41 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.