Report: Don’t expect Sony to announce the PS5 any time soon
Rumors about next-generation consoles typically begin springing up days after a new console launches. The rumors are rarely, if ever, worth paying attention to, but when several rumors all crop up at around the same time, it's hard not to be curious. So following the latest round of rumors, Kotaku's Jason Schreier reached out to "dozens" of developers to see if Sony might really be thinking about debuting the PlayStation 5 before the end of the year.
As Schreier points out, we're going on five years since the launches of the PS4 and Xbox One in 2013. Fans of each brand had to wait seven and eight years, respectively, for the latest versions, so one might expect the next generation to be right around the corner. Based on Schreier's conversations though, that's unlikely to be the case.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon has a $40 Apple Watch accessory you’ll wonder how you ever lived without
- Oops! Amazon mistake gets you a Kindle Paperwhite for $40 if you hurry
Trending Right Now:
- This upcoming Android phone didn’t just beat the iPhone X’s benchmark scores, it crushed them
- It sure looks like we’re getting three new iPhones this year
- 7 paid iPhone apps on sale for free right now
Report: Don’t expect Sony to announce the PS5 any time soon originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 10 Apr 2018 at 18:56:28 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.