The iPhone X is the first iOS device to feature a sophisticated 3D facial recognition system that’s unlike anything available on Android. Apple will equip this signature iPhone X feature on other iOS devices going forward, many reports said in recent months.
A new story from Korea says that Apple just inked a deal for Face ID components with LG Innotek. Apple is looking for a stable supply of 3D sensing modules, for iPhones and iPads that will be launched this year.
BGR Top Deals:
- These 25 delicious slow cooker recipes taste even better in this discounted Crock-Pot
- Today’s top deals: Ring Video Doorbell, Crock-Pot, $19 earbuds, $70 robot vacuum, $13 Alexa bulb, more
Trending Right Now:
- The 10 biggest announcements from the 3 biggest brands at CES 2018
- Groundbreaking new studies suggest the presence of a fourth dimension
- NASA’s Juno just sent back a photo of Jupiter that looks too insane to be real
Report claims Face ID is coming to 2018 iPhones and iPads, thanks to one of Apple’s rivals originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 9 Jan 2018 at 18:56:52 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.