Repairing an iPhone XS Max will cost $150 more than buying a new iPhone 7
Starting at $1,099, the iPhone XS Max is the most expensive smartphone Apple has ever sold. Therefore, its repair costs are greater than any iPhone as well, which shouldn't come as much of a surprise: Apple devices are expensive, and repairing them is expensive as well. But when you put the numbers into perspective, they start to look especially ridiculous, as we discovered when we checked out Apple's updated service repair pricing page.
Before we continue, it's worth noting that AppleCare+ can significant reduce the cost of certain repairs, and is a smart purchase if you're prone to dropping expensive devices. But if you don't have AppleCare+ and your one year limited warranty has expired, Apple will charge you $599 to repair "other damage" on an iPhone XS Max.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s best deals: $49 Instant Pot rival, $25 Fire TV Stick, $29 128GB microSD, $20 Wi-Fi router, more
- The 5 best-selling iPhone X cases on Amazon’s site will also fit the iPhone XS
Trending Right Now:
- An incredible theory explains the events of ‘Infinity War’ and sets us up for ‘Avengers 4’
- T-Mobile, Verizon, and AT&T are all offering huge discounts on the iPhone X
- That hole drilled in Russia’s Soyuz spacecraft may have done more damage than initially thought
Repairing an iPhone XS Max will cost $150 more than buying a new iPhone 7 originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 14 Sep 2018 at 18:56:19 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.