RED Hydrogen One review: A defining gimmick can’t save this overpriced experiment
When RED founder James Jannard spoke about the Hydrogen One smartphone at a recent event, he just about managed to convince me that the device made sense. After all, this is the same guy who took on Ray-Ban and won. The same guy who made a camera that has been used to film massive blockbusters like The Hobbit and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. No matter the industry, he has always found a way to make an impact. But for as interesting as his company’s phone is, I’m not sure if I would actually recommend it to anyone.
BGR Top Deals:
- It’s never been cheaper to upgrade the headlights on any car to LEDs
- Instantly add a gigabit Ethernet port to any room in your house with this $45 kit
Trending Right Now:
- iPhone XS and XR update to enable eSIM is coming tomorrow
- The OnePlus 6T just got an early unboxing before it was even announced
- Everything new coming to Netflix this week, and everything leaving (week of Oct. 28)
RED Hydrogen One review: A defining gimmick can’t save this overpriced experiment originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 29 Oct 2018 at 09:25:15 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.