‘Red Dead Online’ beta will launch a month after ‘Red Dead Redemption 2’
As extraordinary as Grand Theft Auto V's sustained success has been, it would never have become one of the best-selling games of all time without Grand Theft Auto Online. As such, it came as no surprise on Wednesday when GTA developer Rockstar Games announced that Red Dead Online will accompany Red Dead Redemption 2 when it hits later this year. Like GTA Online, it uses the same open world and mechanics of the main game.
In a blog post, Rockstar revealed that Red Dead Online will kick off as a public beta in November 2018. As the team explains in an interview with IGN, there were multiple factors that led to the decision to hold back the online portion of the game, including the fact that it wants players to experience the single-player campaign first.
BGR Top Deals:
- I can’t even use my AirPods anymore without this $12 accessory
- These Bluetooth headphones have 6,700 5-star reviews, and they’re on sale for just $19.99
Trending Right Now:
- Samsung accidentally leaked four different versions of the Galaxy S10
- iOS 12 just fixed the most annoying thing about the iPhone X
- Leaked OnePlus 6T image suggests one of the rumors floating around was wrong
‘Red Dead Online’ beta will launch a month after ‘Red Dead Redemption 2’ originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 19 Sep 2018 at 20:46:33 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.