Razer Phone will be the first smartphone with both HDR and Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 support for Netflix
Netflix is everywhere these days. It's built into TVs, set-top boxes, game consoles, and it probably won't be long before there's a toaster that comes with the streaming service pre-installed. If you're a Netflix addict who does a good amount of viewing on a smartphone, it looks like Razer's "smartphone for gamers" is going to be the very first to offer both HDR10 and Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 support. Yes, now your smartphone can give you a better viewing experience than you probably get in your own living room. Welcome to the future.
Razer made the announcement today as part of its CES news lineup, and is quick to point out that the Razer Phone is the very first smartphone to score Dolby 5.1 certification which it says is the most common layout in home cinema.
BGR Top Deals:
- These 25 delicious slow cooker recipes taste even better in this discounted Crock-Pot
- Today’s top deals: Ring Video Doorbell, Crock-Pot, $19 earbuds, $70 robot vacuum, $13 Alexa bulb, more
Trending Right Now:
- Scientists just invented an edible pill that can tell you when you’re about to fart
- The 10 biggest announcements from the 3 biggest brands at CES 2018
- Groundbreaking new studies suggest the presence of a fourth dimension
Razer Phone will be the first smartphone with both HDR and Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 support for Netflix originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 9 Jan 2018 at 20:26:19 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.