Quiz app exposed the data from 120M users while Facebook was telling the world it can be trusted
The Cambridge Analytica scandal exposed what wasn’t really a secret, that Facebook is harvesting a lot of user data and that the data is shared with others. The privacy breach revealed that Facebook wasn’t doing enough to protect your privacy and that developers like Cambridge Analytica could take your data and your Facebook friends’ data and use it for whatever they wanted.
Since these revelations, Facebook has been trying to convince everyone that it can be trusted, that it will take measures to stop these practices, that your privacy matters to the company. But while it was performing this massive PR campaign, a different quiz app that had as many as 120 million users left their data exposed for others to see. Facebook was warned about it and needed many weeks to address and fix it properly.
BGR Top Deals:
- You know the AirPods rivals everyone loves? They’re somehow only $18.79 right now
- The greatest Nintendo Labo kit that will ever exist is now up for preorder for $20
Trending Right Now:
- Microsoft just pulled the coolest new Windows 10 feature from its beta
- Someone just published a hands-on Galaxy Note 9 review a month before it’s even announced
- This iPhone X rumor is actually great news for the Pixel 3
Quiz app exposed the data from 120M users while Facebook was telling the world it can be trusted originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 29 Jun 2018 at 07:45:36 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.