Qualcomm just gave us a blueprint for how Android will beat the iPhone X next year
Qualcomm has finally given us all the details about Snapdragon 845, the latest and greatest in its long line of mobile processors. It's significant because the top-of-the-line Snapdragon processor is invariably what you find inside top-end Android phones these days -- the Galaxy S8, Galaxy Note 8, Moto Z2 Force, Pixel 2, and OnePlus 5T all used Qualcomm's Snapdragon 835 this year.
But more and more, the central processor on a smartphone is being used to do more things. Chipsets now have dedicated abilities for power management, facial recognition, voice processing, and AI -- all massive components of what makes a smartphone good these days. So by showing us what the new Snapdragon 845 is capable of, Qualcomm is really showing us how Android manufacturers are planning on beating the iPhone X this year.
BGR Top Deals:
- If you own a Roku or a Fire TV, you need this brilliant $25 accessory
- Today’s best deals: TV backlight kit, Bose soundbar, fast wireless charger, LED headlight kit, more
Trending Right Now:
- People are ditching cable at record speed, so of course AT&T is hiking prices
- The full list of 34 new Netflix original shows and movies debuting in December
- Why did NASA’s rover just find a cannonball on Mars?
Qualcomm just gave us a blueprint for how Android will beat the iPhone X next year originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 6 Dec 2017 at 16:44:31 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.