Many iPhone and Android users have no idea what a Palm Pre is, but they’ll soon learn more about that particular family of iPhone “killers” thanks to Qualcomm. Smartphone users who witnessed the mobile revolution the iPhone started will remember Palm OS devices, which at one point were regarded as excellent iPhone alternatives. And if they already purchased an iPhone X, then they already know there’s plenty of Palm Pre-like gestures in the new iPhone.
Qualcomm, however, will have none of that. As the owner of Palm’s intellectual property, Qualcomm wants to hold Apple accountable.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s best deals: Best-selling soundbar, Philips Hue, Sonos speakers, Christmas lasers, more
- Amazon’s 2 best-selling Black Friday deals were just bundled together at a deep discount
Trending Right Now:
- The Galaxy S9 wants to be an even better desktop computer than its predecessor
- Scientists are using dogs instead of traps to study rare endangered species, and it’s working
- The iPhone X frenzy has only gotten worse since launch
Qualcomm is going to war against the iPhone, and its best weapon is a 20-year-old PDA originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 4 Dec 2017 at 22:04:00 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.